Tomato Olive and Pancetta Pizza
For the base:
225g strong plain (bread) flour, plus extra to dust
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp fast-action dried yeast
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the topping:
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tomatoes, sliced
125g mozzarella cheese, drained and sliced
75g Pancetta, torn into pieces
sliced black olives
½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
freshly ground black pepper
fresh basil to serve
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and stir in the dried yeast. Make a well in the centre and gradually work in 150ml warm water and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to form a soft dough.
- Turn the pizza dough on to a lightly floured surface and knead well for 8 – 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Put into an oiled bowl, turn the dough once to coat the surface with oil and cover the bowl with cling film. Leave to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Place dough onto a Rangemaster pizza pan or floured baking tray and shape to fit. Brush the top of the dough with the olive oil and allow to rise for 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, cheese, Pancetta and olives to the top of the pizza and sprinkle with the Italian seasoning.
- Drizzle with any remaining olive oil and season with the pepper.
- Bake in a hot oven, 190ºC fan oven, 200ºC conventional oven (centre shelf) gas 6 (centre shelf) until the pizza is golden and risen.
To Serve: Scatter over the torn basil leaves.