Have you ever had some Stollen left from Christmas that has gone a little dry?
A little butter softened
1 Stollen cut into 1cm slices
250g/8oz pot of Mascarpone
4 tablespoons caster sugar
1 tablespoon Cointreau
Pack of fresh raspberries
Demerara sugar to top
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan oven; 170°C conventional oven, centre shelf; gas 5
- Grease an oven proof dish with the butter and lay the slices of Stollen into it making 2 layers if necessary.
- Mix together the mascarpone, eggs, caster sugar and Cointreau.
- Put the raspberries on top of the Stollen slices and pour over the mascarpone mixture.
- Sprinkle with the Demerara sugar and bake for 20-25 minutes until set and the topping is crisp.