Raspberry and Pine Nut Muffins
400g/14oz self-raising flour
50g/2oz pine nuts
175g/6oz golden caster sugar
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon milk
100g/4oz butter, melted and cooled
284ml carton of buttermilk
225g/8oz fresh raspberries
A 12 hole muffin tin lined with muffin cases
- Pre heat the oven to 190C fan oven; 200C conventional oven, centre shelf; Gas 6.
- Mix the flour, half of the pine nuts, sugar and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl.
- In another bowl mix the eggs, milk, buttermilk and butter.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients being careful not to over mix.
- Gently fold in the raspberries, remembering that over mixing will make the muffins tough.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 cases, they will be quite full and then sprinkle over the remaining pine nuts.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the muffins are well risen and golden.
- Allow the muffins to cool slightly in the tin and then remove them to a cooling rack.