Nectarine and Raspberry Cake
Butter for greasing
125g/4oz butter softened
250g/8oz caster sugar
2 medium sized eggs
1 level teaspoon cinnamon
185g self-raising flour, sifted
4 nectarines or peaches, washed, stoned and sliced
2 tablespoons icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 150C fan, 160C conventional oven centre shelf, gas 2/3
- Well grease a 23cm/9”round cake tin with a removable base. Line the base with baking parchment and grease the parchment.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating each one in well.
- Fold in the flour and cinnamon and spoon into the prepared tin.
- Top with your chosen fruit and raspberries
- Sprinkle with the icing sugar.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow the cake to cool slightly; run a knife around the edge of the cake; place the tin over an upturned mug and allow the cake tin to gently fall away. The cake can then be slid off the paper and base of the cake tin, onto a serving plate.