Mini Pizzas with Goat’s Cheese & Sunblush Tomatoes
For the bases
½ tsp active dry yeast
285g white spelt flour
Plain flour for dusting
½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
For the sauce
1 Onion, chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
Small pinch dried chilli flakes
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tsp herbs to season (dried oregano and basil)
For the topping
125g soft goat’s cheese, sliced
200g sunblush tomatoes, chopped
A handful fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Start with the bases – pour yeast into a mixing bowl and add 170ml of lukewarm water. Mix together and cover with cling film, leaving in a warm room for up to 15 minutes.
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a frying pan and add onion and garlic, stirring until they start to soften.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for up to 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Return to the base mixture. Whisk together and set aside for five minutes.
- Pour the spelt flour and salt into another mixing bowl, making a well in the middle for the yeast mixture. Mix together and knead on a lightly floured work surface until smooth.
- Cut the dough into eight and roll each section into a ball. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and transfer each dough ball onto the tray, flattening each to make a circle.
- Spread a little sauce over each base before adding the sunblush tomatoes and goat’s cheese slices. Top with fresh basil leaves and bake in the oven until crisp.