Lamb Chops with Fresh Herbs and Roasted Figs Green Beans Asparagus and New Potatoes
1 tablespoon each chopped fresh rosemary, thyme and parsley
1 rack of lamb with 4 bones or 4 lamb chops
salt and pepper
2 ripe figs
New potatoes, green beans and asparagus.
- Mix herbs together. Rub olive oil over the lamb and season well with salt and pepper and coat with the herbs, saving some for the figs.
- Pre heat the oven to 210ºC fan, 220ºC Conventional, Gas 7.
- Heat a frying pan and sear the lamb on all sides until golden and then place in a roasting tin and cook in the oven to desired doneness, about 20 minutes for medium. Remove the lamb from the roasting tin and place on a plate to rest, cover to keep warm.
- Place the halved figs in the roasting tin, sprinkle with oil and remaining herbs. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Cut lamb into individual chops (if it is too pink, pop it back into the oven) arrange on plates with the figs
- Serve with new potatoes, green beans and asparagus.
Main Course; have the lamb browned and sealed in a pan on the hob and ready in a roasting tray to go into the oven before you have your starter. Your AGA hob is powerful and will brown the lamb easily. After roasting the meat will need 10 minutes to rest, to ensure it is tender; this is when you put the figs in to roast. Have the green beans and asparagus ready to go into a pan of boiling water, they will only need a couple of minutes to cook. The new potatoes can be in a pan gently simmering on the hob until you need them.