Beef Pad Thai
200g fillet steak, cut into thin slices
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
100g medium rice noodles
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 small red chilli, finely sliced
1 small red onion, halved and sliced
2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
Juice of 1 large lime
2 large eggs, beaten
3 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
50g roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
2 spring onions, finely shredded
- Pour soy sauce over the steak and leave for a few minutes.
- Add the noodles to a pan and pour boiling water over them.
- Leave to soften for four minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water
- Heat the oil in a wok, then add the garlic, chilli and red onion, fry for a couple of minutes,Add the steak and stir fry for two minutes.
- Add the fish sauce and lime juice, stir in the noodles and cook for a couple of minutes to warm through.
- Slowly pour in the beaten eggs, leave to set for one minute, then stir to break up the egg.
- Stir in half the coriander, peanuts and spring onions, then put into bowls and sprinkle over the rest of the herbs, nuts and spring onions.