Tandoori Chicken With Mint Yoghurt
2 packets mini chicken fillets
Juice of ½ lemon
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp cardamom seeds
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
3 tsp fresh ginger, grated
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tsp chilli powder
200g tub of natural yogurt
200g Greek yogurt
1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1. Place the chicken fillets in a basin and squeeze over the lemon juice and sprinkle with the salt. Mix well together.
2. Heat a small frying pan on the Simmering Plate and dry fry the cardamom, cumin and fennel seeds for 2 minutes until the seeds begin to colour.
3. Transfer to a large bowl and add the ginger, garlic, chilli powder and yogurt, mix together. Stir in the chicken fillets and chill overnight.
4. Place the chicken fillets on the large grill rack in the large AGA roasting tin.
5. Grill at the top of the Roasting Oven for about 15–20 minutes, until cooked.
6. Serve with the Mint Yogurt. To make the Mint Yogurt; mix the yogurt, mint, salt and sugar together and serve as an accompaniment to the Tandoori Chicken.