1 tsp salt
Knob of butter
- Peel carrots and cut into batons.
- Place in a saucepan with barely enough water to cover, add 1 tsp salt if desired.
- Bring to the boil and boil for 3 minutes, drain off the water and transfer to the Simmering Oven for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with a small knob of butter and chopped parsley.
3 and 5 oven AGA
For Caraway Seed Carrots
- Cook 450g (1 lb) carrots on the Boiling Plate as above.
- After draining off the water, add a knob of butter and a sprinkling of caraway seeds before transferring to the Simmering Oven to cook - about 20-25 minutes.
Tarragon Steamed Carrots Cook 450g (1 lb) carrots on the Boiling Plate then Simmering Oven method as above. When cooked add 1 tbsp of crème fraîche and 1 tsp chopped tarragon to the pan, swirl around and serve.