Hazel’s Chicken Curry With Lime
4 free range chicken breasts
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 x 200ml cartons coconut cream
2-3 tbsp mild curry paste
Salt and black pepper
Chicken stock, optional
1. Cut the chicken into cubes and fry in a little oil with the garlic, until lightly browned.
2. Add the coconut cream and curry paste, stir.
3. Add the juice and grated rind of the lime. Season and bring to the boil.
4. Transfer to the Simmering Oven for about an hour.
5. Serve with Basmati rice, garnished with coriander and a salad. Steamed Rice Place 225g washed Basmati rice into an AGA saucepan with 350ml water and a teaspoon of salt. Bring to the boil, stir and transfer to the floor of the Simmering Oven for 20 minutes.
Cook on a low heat on the hob, for about 40 minutes Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. If you like more liquid, add a little chicken stock.