Chicken Liver Pâté
25g (1 oz) butter
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
350g (12 oz) chicken livers, cleaned, cored and roughly chopped
1 tbsp cream
2 tbsp brandy
Salt and black pepper
Knob of butter
115g (4 oz) button mushrooms, sliced
55g (2 oz) butter, melted
1. Melt the butter and sauté the onion and garlic until transparent.
2. Add the chicken livers and cook for 10 minutes until cooked through (this can be completed on the floor of the roasting oven).
3. Remove from the heat and place in a processor or liquidiser, add the cream and brandy. Process to make a smooth paste.
4. Melt the knob of butter and sauté the mushrooms until just cooked, about 2-3 minutes. Stir the mushrooms into the chicken liver mixture and turn into a dish.
5. Pour over the cooled melted butter and refrigerate.
6. Serve with toast and a tomato and orange chutney, or similar.